Denmark

Welcome to Denmark – The happiest place on earth

Denmark is located in northern Europe and is part of Scandinavia. Denmark consists of the Jutland peninsula, the larger islands of Zealand, Funen, and Lolland-Falster and 429 other named islands between the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, 72 of which are in

Living in DK

You should start to look for accommodation months before you arrive, as it can be very difficult to find accommodation right before the semester begins. Therefore, we strongly advise you to contact your Danish host institution for information about hou…….

Currency

The currency in Denmark is Danish Kroner (DKK). One krone is divided into 100 Øre. Coins are circulated in the following denominations: 50 Øre (copper) 1 Krone, 2 Kroner, 5 Kroner (silver, each with a hole in the centre) 10 and 20 Kroner (both brass).

Weather

Many jokes are told about the Danish climate. This is because although Denmark has a mild climate its weather is very changeable, due to its position in the temperate zone where air masses from the Atlantic, the Arctic, and eastern Europe come together. T

Population

According to 2017 figures from Statistics Denmark, 86.9%[1][2] of Denmark´s population of over 5,760,694 was of Danish descent, defined as having at least one parent who was born in Denmark and has Danish citizenship.The remaining 13.1% were of a foreig

Language

The Danish language is a northern Germanic language. The Danish alphabet has 29 letters and uses the basic 26-letter Latin alphabet plus the three additional letters Æ, Ø og Å. Danish (Dansk) is one of the North Germanic languages (also called Scandinavi

Visit Denmark